Random Urine Screens/ UAS
Integrity Health and Wellness provides random drug testing. We are with Norchem Laboratory and are recognized by Colorado Probation Departments.
While on probation you can expect to be tested randomly 1 – 7 times a month. Testing is generally a 8-panel test that includes an ETG (alcohol test for up to 80 hours of prior use)
- You will be assigned a client number
- You will call a main line daily
- There are many locations, times, and fees available to choose from
Pre-sentence, Integrity and/or your lawyer will discuss the pros and cons to drug testing prior to a guilty plea. We recommend individuals with a high BAC to show the courts you have stopped consuming alcohol. You will not be given “credit ” for pre-sentence drug testing and, in essence, this extends any required sobriety. Integrity does not force pre-sentence drug testing but will give you opinions or advice as to the benefit.
We use the Sentry System and Cordant Solutions labs. Our hours are NOT consistent. Monday through Friday 10-2 is typically when we are available for urine screens. If I am in the office I am happy to provide the services. I suggest you text me at 303-901-1979 to see my availability any day including weekends. Please have another agency in mind for backup and more availability.
Urine Analysis / UAs
While on probation you are on monitored sobriety. There are many different forms of monitored sobriety but, typically it looks like random urine analysis (UA) screenings.
- Your probation probation county determines what testing agencies are acceptable for the mandatory UA’s.
- The UA is typically a standard 9-panel drug and alcohol test (ETG). It can detect alcohol that was in the system up to 4 days prior to consumption. It can also pick up on any drug or other substance.
- If you have a diluted UA (drank too much water that day) probation consider this as a failed/missed UA.
- If you miss a UA (either forgetting to call in or by not making it to a testing center on time that day) probation will also see that as a failed/missed UA.
- If you smoke marijuana it will show up on your UA- if your first test upon checking into probation is positive for marijuanathat is okay but, it may result in you being tested more frequently and the probation officer will be monitoring to ensure THC levels in your urine are decreasing and eventually are gone to ensure that you have quit consuming marijuana. If you have an active medical marijuana card from the state of Colorado it may be permissible to use medical marijuana in SOME COUNTIES. It varies by county however, so it is YOUR responsibility to check with your specific probation officer.
- There are certain fermented drinks that will cause you to test positive for alcohol in your UA! Kombucha, non-alcoholic beers, mouthwash, vanilla extract, red-wine vinegar and certain medications contain alcohol and your UA can potentially test positive for alcohol and it’s considered a FAILED or HOT UA.
- Do not use sanitizer prior to completing a UA and be sure to always wash hands with soap and water before submitting a UA.
- UA’s are typically visually monitored by a same-sex employee so be prepared to urinate in front of someone each testing time.
- UA’s are random, there is no pattern set to them. DO NOT try to predict them! You can have UA’s multiple days consecutively or not for weeks at a time.
- After a series of successful clean UA’s with 0 dilutions over a few months span you can talk to your probation officer about reducing the frequency of them monthly.